Saturday 21 June 2014

Hunting and Gathering in Knox

Frequently, the only day I have free for op shopping is Sunday, which doesn't tend to work out well, what with most op shops taking a well-earned break on that particular day.  You can imagine, then, how delighted I was to discover that the Hunter & Gatherer op shop in Knox was open on Sunday.  It's not too far away from me and I hadn't visited it in ages.  Clearly, it was time to take advantage of this fortuitous turn of events!

Here's what I found:



Yes, just three things, but they're all perfect.  Firstly, we have Kwik*Sew's Beautiful Lingerie, which has barely been touched.  The original sheet of master patterns is still attached and in perfect condition.



I'm very much into the idea of making all of my own things and I've been lamenting the dearth of modern underwear patterns.  They used to be common, even in the eighties, but now it's next to impossible to find them.  Well now I can design my own, all for the very reaonable price of $3.



I rather like the version of this dress that's illustrated in dark brown.  It has somewhat of a retro feel to it.

Finally, this zipper:



The colour is gorgeous!

The store itself is lovely.  It's a very good size with decent quality stock laid out in an easily accessible fashion. The book section in particular was very well done.  Plus, the staff were cheerful and easy going.

P.S.  If you'd like to learn more about my knitting and (eventually) sewing adventures, please have a look at my new blog, WoolGeek.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I love the brotherhood at knox city.

Anonymous said...

Brotherhood at knox has 50% off til Sunday 29th June.