Saturday 16 November 2013

Op Shopping in Macleod

Hi, I have been reading this blog for a while but this is my first post.
Last weekend I had a chance to drop into Macleod after dropping my husband off at Cricket.
I arrived after 12pm so I was too late to look in St Andrew's Anglican Church op shop.

However, the Diamond Valley Community Support op shop was open.
I found a couple of handbags for $3. They are small but a handy size for work.
A top for my young niece for $1. A nice scarf for $3.
A bag hook ( useful for hanging up bags) $2.50 and a pair of earrings for $2.
I have found this op shop to be quite good for jewellery.


 
 
Next, I went to the Strathalan op shop in Erskine Rd. It's a bit tricky to find if you haven't been there before. You have to drive into the retirement village, through the portico to the car park. The op shop is just near the car park.
 
I usually find some clothes here. This time I found a tunic top/dress for $5, a Liz Jordan suedette blouse for $5 ( I'll be using this as a light jacket for summer) and a cute little silk vest for my niece for $4. I also found another larger bag for $5 and a very nice enamel brooch for $3( It has the maker's name M. Kidd Aust. on the back).
 
 
 
 
 
I enjoyed my little op shopping fix in Macleod. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go to the nice café on the corner of Aberdeen St. Maybe next time.



1 comment:

DIAN said...

Thanks for sharing your purchases. I love it when I find good clothes at reasonable prices and it seems you do too.