Tuesday 28 May 2013

Eastward distractions

Today was the perfect day for me to Op. I needed to get out of the house and have a good rummage!
I stopped in Boronia, Bayswater, Knox and Scorsby.

 I found 'Do Cats Need Shrinks' ($1.99) At Salvos Boronia, and thought it would be a good read! (I can't wait to find out what the author concludes, actually! Do cats need shrinks?)
 At Vinnies Bayswater I found the rest of my goodies- A nice weight knit cardigan for $6.00
 Some wide lace in a colour I suppose would be a 'nude' or 'blush' There are many metres, and I think I'll make a garter out of it, and possibly work out some kind of bouquet wraps, too
 (Above- all the lace. I think it is over 10 metres, and it was a dollar, which was lovely!)
I found this sweet Pyrex plate for my friend Miss A. We are both on the hunt for good Pyrex patterns!

I also found this little anomaly in google maps while plotting the route. This is the view near the Scorsby Community Op Shop.

3 comments:

DIAN said...

That lace looks like a real bargain. It is definitely wooly cardigan weather now too. Great finds.

Corinne said...

The lace was a bargain! I didn't realise just how much was there until I got it home and out of its little bag.

Comfy warm cardigans are very important! :)

Anonymous said...

'Do Cats Need Shrinks' how hilarious! I'd love to know the verdict, I know my cat definitely has issues..! I've bought some great things at the eastern oppies :)