Saturday 5 January 2013

Wallpaper .. not a Wallflower



It has been months since I went Op Shopping to buy, what with selling our house and moving into a much smaller unit, then my husband having to go into full time care, I have not been Op Shopping, just Op Shop Dropping Off.   Well this week I did drop a small box of things off at a local shop, and found this partial roll of  velvet flocked wallpaper destined for the garbage!!  it is only a partial roll, and I haven't measured the length yet, but surely it is worth rescuing?
it is so soft and velvety!

9 comments:

Gina E. said...

You aren't really going to USE that on your walls, are you? Oh well, no accounting for taste, lol!

Chiara Z said...

It could be quite nice to frame a piece of it in a fancy old-looking frame. I can think of at least one teenager who would love it.

Lyndel said...

ha ha Gina, no def. NOT for my unit, but the framing idea from Chiara Z is a good one, now to find the ''right'' frame at an Oppie or G/Sale

mothertheresa said...

Framing is a great idea! I'm sure there's someone out there that would like to use it, perhaps as a small feature wall in a room or something?? Glad you rescued it!

Blonde One (Deb) said...

We have the original paper in my parents house in Green. It is lovely to touch.

I'M A GHAST! said...

oh my my my that is BEAUTIFULLLLL

DIAN said...

how lovely. I can just see that on a journal cover or as a mat on a writing desk or cover a cardboard box to store precious or pretty things. If not I am sure someone else (yes me) would be happy to take it off your hands.

I think it is beautiful.

DIAN said...

how lovely. I can just see that on a journal cover or as a mat on a writing desk or cover a cardboard box to store precious or pretty things. If not I am sure someone else (yes me) would be happy to take it off your hands.

I think it is beautiful.

Gina E. said...

Some great ideas there, Dian! I wish I was so creative. But at least I can pinch ideas from you clever ones on blogs ;-)