Sunday 8 July 2012

RSPCA opshop last Thursday.

I have made yet another opshop buddy through our blogs on the internet! Dian and I have been reading each other's blogs for a while, and she finds some great stuff down her way on the Mornington Peninsula. I am not confident enough to drive that far from home on my own, so we arranged to meet at a mutually convenient place, which happened to be the RSPCA opshop in Burwood. We had a great time there, and a great time chatting over lunch in the sunshine at the coffee shop next door. We've planned to meet up again, but next time it will be in Clayton, which I know well, as I spent a lot of time down there with one of my school friends in the 1960's. Anyway, here are my goodies from the RSPCA:
Beautiful hand stitched supper cloth in perfect condition - $6.

Book by one of my favourite authors, $2.

Haiku kit, $4. The book and the inspirations were in the pack, but the journal wasn't. Doesn't matter, I've got heaps of blank journals!

Quilting magazine which Dian talked me into buying because of the peacock quilt on the cover, even though I insisted my quilting skills are NOT up to that level! But she said I could just make the centre bit, couldn't I? Well, maybe I can.

Box of oil paints unopened (until I opened the back to take these photos) Bargain for $10!

2 comments:

DIAN said...

Gins, I did enjoy our meeting and look forward to Clayton in the future.

You picked up more than I realised. Those paints were a really good find.

Thanks again.

Corinne said...

I think the haiku kit if my favourite of your finds there! I'll have to pop in to the RSPCA store in Burwood!