Sunday 15 July 2012

I spy with my op shopping eye....


Goodness me I just can't believe how busy I have been of late.  But I promise that hasn't stopped me from getting to op shops.  Au contraire...

I am just absolutely bursting to share with you all my goodies most recently hunted down - especially this beautifully designed cotton sheet, which has such a lovely colour palette that it has given me wonderful inspiration to properly set up our guest bedroom, ready to receive with rustic treats and just a touch of shabby chic!


So beautiful! And only $3.50 from the Community Store at Brentford Square.
Love it.






So here's how it all went down...

Brown stripey pillowcases were from the Epilepsy shop at Blackburn, with doona for $10, the blankets were gifts.  On the side table, I spied with my op shopping eye a lovely glass cordial bottle for just $2 at the Sacred Heart Mission on Glenferrie Hill. 
 Next to that, a wonderful glass dessert bowl, part of a set with six more smaller bowls, for just $7 from the Salvation Army at Forest Hill, used here as a wash bowl.  Gorgeously glazed two-tone brown jug a mere $2 from the Bow Tie op shop on Johnston Street in Abbotsford - if you want a serious bargain, go there, the owner Rye will help you out.
In front on the left, we have a delightfully handmade pottery tray in the shape of an English Ivy leaf.  I scored this for $4 from the Salvation Army at Ferntree Gulley. Last but not least we have one of a set of six coasters, straight out of the seventies, complete with holder for a measly dollar.

Well, that concludes my little Autumn & Winter collection, so until next time my fellow oppers, I look forward to seeing your spoils and collections!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bed looks gorgeous! I love how you styled it. Well done on scoring all those great finds!

Chanee

Asa-Marie said...

Aww thanks Chanee!

Asa-Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina E. said...

Wow, you get around! Great lot of goodies there :-)

DIAN said...

Wow, that is a great way of using all of your speciak finds. Love the sheet.

Steve Mills said...

Nice selection of finds there. The Op Shops around Blackburn are always good for a treasure