Saturday 12 May 2012

Vinnies Briar Hill.

I didn't buy anything at the BSL where I work on Friday, but afterwards I dropped into Vinnies with a friend, and scored some nice bits and pieces. A brand new toaster cover and matching oven mitt ($2)in colours that match my kitchen perfectly. Now I can get rid of the blue cover and mitt that I've had for years, and DON'T match the kitchen!
Nice warm bed socks $2.50
Gut Busters recipe book 50c.  My hubby is always worrying about his gut, which isn't a gut at all - just a few extra inches around his waist.  But he was always a tall skinny type, and can't handle any sign of middle aged spread, or should I say old aged spread - he's long past middle age!  Anyway, I figured if I started cooking meals from this book, he might lose an inch or two. ..
I love books that make me laugh, and this one certainly does - "Born To Shop",  $1.  A lot of the sayings have been printed on greeting cards that I've bought people in recent years, so I don't know if the cards were taken from this book or this book is based on the cards.  Whatever.   It has some very pithy comments:


5 comments:

FrolickingFroggy said...

Funny, I've been seeing a lot of the 'Born to Shop' phrases and pictures on cups & plates & trays (though different phrases / subjects than shopping... usually gardening).

Rosemary Stanton! She was EVERYWHERE back in the 90's... on Burke's Backyard, any TV show featuring a segment about nutrition, and I'm pretty sure she was the author of the book I studied from in high school in my health class. I love her - think she's great.

Briar Hill... sounds like it should be a suburb filled with hedges, berry bushes and Beatrix Potter creatures.

FrolickingFroggy said...

PS - I think you should branch out your tie sewing skills and start making toaster covers in addition to the teapot covers.

Gina E. said...

LOL!! Maybe I could suggest to the people at Bundoora Homestead they put on a toaster cover show to raise funds for the Heart Foundation or something...

Anonymous said...

The bed socks look very cosy I'd love to grab them off the screen and put them on my freezing feet right now.

Tina said...

The bed socks look so warm I would like to reach into the screen and put them on right now on this cold Melbourne day.