Monday 16 January 2012

First splurge for this year!

I was in Mill Park today and couldn't help myself - had to stop off at Savers. I haven't been there for a couple of months, but I made up for it today!

I broke our coffee plunger while I was washing it last night, so the first thing I looked for at Savers was a replacement. There were a dozen different styles and sizes, but I liked this one for $2.99

Seeing I had a whole day to myself, I spent an hour checking out the shoes and came home with four pairs.
Top row - black shoes (Rivers - very comfortable) $9.99, black sandals $9.99,
bottom row - denim scuffs $6.99, tan leather sandals $7.99
If you are thinking they were expensive, let me tell you that my feet are swollen with arthritis, and I can go to six shoe shops and not find anything that fits me.  So I'm happy to pay Savers for shoes that do fit!
Four plates and matching bowls 99 cents each.  These are to be used when we eat outside on the patio which is brick paved.  As much as I don't want to see them dropped and smashed, for 99 cents it is better to risk these than my 'good' kitchen set.
A couple of interesting books.  The Art book ($3.99), is full of useful tips.  The other book ($5.99)is a school text book of some kind, but it has some fascinating photos and documents in it relating to the English colonising Australia and the USA.

These cute lady bugs are hand worked in cross stitch - a bargain at $1.99.
The total was about $56, but being Monday, I qualified for 20% seniors discount, so got the lot for $46.40.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great finds Gina. I particularly love the ladybugs. I bought a few items yesterday that I need to share - just as soon as I get them off the camera.