Friday 12 August 2011

Squiggly Thrifting beyond The Hills

Hi Guys, it's Rach again from Squiggly Rainbow..... I hit beyond my Hills yesterday.  Beaconsfield Op Shop was fabulous!  So many bargains.  It is situated on Old Emerald Road (I think) in the strip shops of Beaconsfield.  It is tucked behind the church entrance.


Here is a snap of some of the stuff I found there....


I LOVE this Sesame Street single bed sheet!  It is near new condition too!


I then ventured out of the Hills and landed at the Salvation Army in Beaconsfield - not much to find there - just this gorgeous crochet woolen blanket and the huge enamel tea pot/billy/coffee pot pictured above.


Then my favorite score was at the Narre Warren Salvo's... a whole tube of vintage red buttons and a cute vintage pattern.



Hope you have a great thrifting weekend!  

11 comments:

Nelly said...

Wonderful sheet I love finding patterned sheets like that I got some retro 70s ones with girls on them last month they are being used now.

daisy said...

ooh i love the sesame street sheets too, what great scores! and that big blue pot looks lovely as well. i may be wrong but is that a stephanie alexander kids kitchen garden cook book too? great booty, well done.

Squiggly Rainbow said...

It is a Stephanie Alexander book, my favorite Daisy! Unfortunately it wasn't thrifted - paid full retail (it was worth it though!).

Rach x

Lisa @ .Simply Me. said...

Ooh I love the 1 cup, 1/2 cup etc set! I have a matching teapot and teacups, must have been a popular design!

Lyndel said...

great finds, love the blankie, I found a goodie too today, granny squares, I'll post a pic a.s.a.p.

Vintage Sweetheart said...

That sheet is so cute!

E :)

little love said...

Ahhh! The memories! I used to have that sheet on my bed growing up! Actually I still have it(because I'm a gigantic hoarder!)!

Gina E. said...

Great finds! I never get down that end of town, darn it :-(

MummaBell said...

Hi Rach! So nice to have you drop by my blog (a mums ministry). I LOVE your blog and will be sure to follow. Love your find of the Seasame Street sheet - you know I had a doona cover of that pattern as a child that my sister has now converted into shorts for herself! Brings back alot of good memories!
Em :-)

coldlight said...

ahh i love that Sesame Street sheet!!

L M ♥ la mode said...

Great pictures...very nice... check me out
http://leblogdelmmode.blogspot.com/