Saturday 12 February 2011

Vase Find


The Salvation Army at Briar Hill operate a garage sale every Saturday morning. I have not been for some time but recently visited. Rummaging in a box of dusty framed pictures I came across a small vase covered in spider webs. It attracted by attention because it was a baby version of a similar vase I rescued from a country tip about 30 years ago years. I could not believe it. It is made of pottery and is a similar brown colour but not exactly with part glazing. Considering it could also be at least 30 years old it had no chips and a little bargain for $1

2 comments:

Lyndel said...

Nice find.

Gina E. said...

I have seen the sign on the side of the road advertising that Salvos garage sale, but I've never been there in all the years I've lived in Eltham! Thanks for the reminder - I'll get there one day. Neat little vase.