Friday 10 September 2010

Three oppies in one day.

I had a message to do in Clayton on Thursday, so while I was over that side of town, I dropped into the two opshops in Clayton Road. At Vinnies I found this cute apron for $2.50,

and at the Salvos I found this gorgeous kimono for $6.99

and a book about paper crafts for $2.99.


Then I came back home and dropped into our local Brotherhood shop. I found a circular tablecloth for $5 - printed, not embroidered, but that doesn't matter.

We have a round table in the kitchen, and I rarely find cloths to fit, so this was a bargain! I also bought the other book in the above photo (70 cents) and this tiny little watering can miniature (30 cents) for my blue and white miniatures collection.

9 comments:

Jac said...

Great finds Gina - I love the apron! Very cute!

I go to uni in Clayton and have never been to the op shops on Clayton Rd! Are they near an intersection at all?

Unknown said...

Great finds! Love the apron!

Ky said...

Fantastic finds! I drove past those two shops on Clayton Rd on Wednesday and made a mental note to go back in the next week or two.
I get such a buzz when I find new op shops that I haven't been to before. Such a buzz! I think I have an illness.

Leah said...

great finds, I love the apron!

Estelle said...

never leave an apron behind, that's my motto :)

Fourth Daughter said...

So sweet... Aprons always tempt me because they are so cute, but I have to restrain myself as I'd never wear them, not to cook in anyway... and I have to stop buying things that need altering before I can wear them!!

Gina E. said...

Jac, hope you're reading this. The opshops in Clayton Road are both on the east side of the road. Vinnies is just before Centre Road, almost opposite a side street called Sydney Street (I parked there before I discovered I could have parked behind Vinnies!). The Salvos is about a five minute walk north of that, right in the middle of the shopping strip.

Jac said...

Thanks Gina! I know exactly where that is! :)

Gina E. said...

Good - have fun!