Saturday 4 September 2010

Kew - Grandma Cardigans



I was off to Kew this morning and there found three items - two grandma cardigans and a leather belt for a total of $20. One cardigan is very 90s and double-breasted, the other hand-knitted.I found all of the shops to be really well priced except Vinnies- it was a little overpriced. This is especially good as often in wealthy areas the owners of opshops like to charge more (anyone been to Camberwell salvos recently?) . All in all, it was a good trip and I would reccomend these shops to anyone who lives in the inner east :)

5 comments:

coldlight said...

Oh my gosh! A couple of weeks ago i bought a cardigan (i think from savers) that is almost exactly the same as that second one you bought- except that it's a cream colour! It has double breasted buttons, little flowers and crochet pattern too. Haha! love chunky cardigans :)

susie said...

ohhh man Camberwell Salvos is terribly overpriced, same with Hawthorn. I want to go up to Kew, I think there are a few well hidden op shops around there..

Kirsten said...

agreed. I have started to aviod salvos - except forest hill. Another area I would highly reccomend - on the east side of the shopping centre there are 4 good opshops :)

They matching cardi my mum had is similar to the one you described coldlight except navy as well. Perhaps 90s cardigans will make a comeback :)

Gina E. said...

Nice cardies, Kirsten! I did the Kew run a few years ago, but didn't find much to buy, although I'm looking for different stuff than you, I think! I don't get to the inner suburbs very often, but I guess the reason they are more expensive is because the areas are more affluent and the shops know that the locals can afford to pay a bit more. The opshops in the Forest Hill area are terrific!

Jac said...

I have yet to check out Kew or Forest Hill op shops but am now going to plan a trip as soon as I can.

I went to both the Hawthorn and Camberwell Salvo's and I actually managed to find quite a few bargains (and really good brands too)... there was alot that was overpriced but I thought the majority of the regular clothing was about what I usually pay at the Dandenong store. I went on a Friday (not sure that makes a difference?)... hope you have better luck at them soon, it is worth persevering I have found :)