Monday 26 April 2010

Buffy, balls and batik


Another happy trip to Dandenong Savers yielded three Buffy novels I hadn't read (though that state of affairs did not last and I finished all three in a glorious reading binge - they're like chocolate, I can't leave them alone until they're done). Ah, how I miss Buffy! They had twenty or so of  these novels and about a dozen Angel ones but I limited myself to three, though it was tough choosing. $1.99 each.



A bag of assorted eyelash-ish yarn for $2.99. There are eight untouched balls, and two part-balls to add to my burgeoning yarn stash.


Approximately two metres of a really pretty cotton batik fabric, destined to become a skirt. I think. At $3.99 I found it impossible not to buy this, though I really don't need more fabric!

7 comments:

Chiara Z said...

Love the batik--those colours are so vibrant. They really zing.

Snooze said...

great finds ... i haven't been to the dandenong saver and it's only about 20 minutes from home. i love the frankston one, the sydney rd brunswick one is so/so ... i really need to get over to dandenong.

Ritz said...

http://airlineworld.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/569px-singapore_airlines_flight_attendants.jpg

the fabric u bought looks like singapore airhostess's uniform...?

EmilyKate said...

Ah, awesome haul. I'd love to read those Buffy books!

yarnivorous said...

Thanks for saving me from Savers! I have too much stuff too :-)

Brucie said...

Good little finds. I was wondering if you could tell me if Savers in Dandenong has a lot of jumpers? I love hand knitted jumpers but they're getting harder to find and Dandenong is a couple of hours from me.

thanks,

Brucie

Fourth Daughter said...

It's probably the batik that I decided I didn't really need last time I was there... so hard to go past a batik!! I got a batik tablecloth from there that I made into a skirt.. will post on it soon!