Saturday 16 May 2009

More Recent Finds

A herb chopping thingy - $3.50. CMS Opportunity Shop, cnr. High & Pakington sts, Kew. (With superbly matching egg cups from an op shop in Narooma, NSW - $0.10 each!)


Evening bag - $15. Toorak Opportunity Shop, Canterbury Rd, Toorak.
Bit hard to date, but perhaps 60s? Any suggestions? It's marked 'Made in Spain Fortnum & Mason Gift Dept.' I just love the wee details like the covered button, the interior stitching and the coin purse and its chain.
Mikasa Sugar Bowl - $3. Vinnies, Johnston St, Collingwood.
Cake tin - $4. Vinnies, High St, Kew East.
After reading Adelle's post I trotted out to Yours Now Mine in Greythorn, Doncaster Road - didn't know it existed - and they happened to be having a 1/2 price day. Vase - $4. So, thanks Adelle!

5 comments:

BizarreQuilter said...

I love the handled on the bag - the orange and grey look great together. Who would have thought? I guess it is 60s..... :)

adelle said...

oh you're welcome!!
I have three vases like that in my bathroom that I bought on ebay for about $30.. That orange one would match perfectly with the rest of mine. hehe..

Gina E. said...

Oh Zigsma! That cake tin matches my flour sifter! Which, by the way, is not an opshop purchase - I inherited it from my mum who died in 1969, but had used it for years beforehand, so I don't know how old it is, but I'm guessing it's from the swinging 60's.

supersarah71 said...

Ah Ha! here you are, love the cake tin, and everything else

Elizabeth said...

That lovely bag you found probably came from the very expensive and famous store in London - Fortnum and Mason. I'm not sure if they still exist or not but they were incredibly upmarket.