Thursday 19 February 2009

Trip to Savers

A trip to Savers = a new wallet ($2.99) to replace the now decrepit one I bought at Dandenong Trash and Treasure market for 50 cents. It's done me good service, but is so tatty and battered now that it's going to wallet heaven. This one looks to be hardly used and has lots of pockets.

A pretty embroidered sarong for $4.00, destined to become a skirt or top.

Another sarong, this time lime green with batiked animals - antelope? Also destined to be made into something else, probably a skirt. $5.99
Arrr! A 99 cent tea towel with the Cornish smugglers song printed on. With the addition of some lining fabric, I'm going to turn this into a tote bag. Who can resist pirates?


Another 99 cent tea towel in my favourite bright green, also to be turned into a tote bag with some green and white polka dot lining fabric. Love those teapots and tea cups!

I know there are many here who love the Golden Hands series - there were three or four odd volumes (hardcover) in the Crewe Street, Oakleigh St Vinnies yesterday. Can't quite remember the price, but I think it was under $2 a book. That St Vinnies is one of the best I've found for books.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

lovely :)

Trish Hunter said...

Loving both of the teatowels!!
Great finds :)

TanjilJane said...

love the tea towels!! very cool!

EmilyKate said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE those teatowels!!!!

sarah said...

wonderful!!!

I love op-shopping!!! this is a great blog! when i was younger, people called our local op-shop my second home, it was a fabulous, and run by the batty-est old women! what fun!

Erin said...

oh GOSH! Why am I not in Australia? :( (though no drought, bushfires, or heatwaves here)

Anonymous said...

hy.... visit night..... happy weekend...

Gina E. said...

LOVE the green cups and saucers tea towel!