Saturday 27 December 2008

Op Shop Tour of Tassie


25 Op Shops - 7 days - all off the main land!

I just had the most amazing week of bargain hunting in Tassie, it was incredible so I thought I'd share some pics with you. I set out with two of my close friends one car and a $100 to spend at the op shops. I ended up posting home 12kg of op shop goodness to avoid excess baggade with Jet star, but still it all came to under my budget. I can't list all of the baragins but my family did score some extra op shop goodness for christmas. Oh and remember the 50cent bins Salvos used to have...... well I managed to find lots of them all stocked full of great finds, like glowmesh purces, and leather hand bags, and querky braces all for 50cents. If anyone is going on holidays in Tassie let me know and I will fill you in on some great op shops, boy they know how to run a good oppie down there. Hopefully Op Shop Tours Australia will offer an annual Tassie weekend full of op shop goodness.
Some great Retro finds in the Hobart Vinnies.
The Boot after one day!
"excuse me I think the cafe is this way"
Watch out Borders there is an oppie with everything inside including a cafe!

12 comments:

AMCSviatko said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Is there an I op - Tassie in the offing? ;-)

BizarreQuilter said...

Oh, what fun!!! I am proud of you!

Gina E. said...

Last time I was in Tassie I only had time to visit 3 or 4 opshops in Hobart. I knew there were more, but having an impatient husband in tow was not conducive to happy opshopping! How did you find so many? And how about a list here - LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey what did you find where the best op shops arund hobart?

Joanne said...

Hello,
well I can possibly put together a list of my favourites but there are many...... I currently hold in my hand an op shop guide to Hobart which I purchased from the green shop in Hobart for $6.50. Well worth it over 100 shops! They also have a stall at Salamanca markets on a Saturday I would suggest that is a good place to start.

Good luck

Allana said...

Hi there, The Salvos store is in Ulverstone right? Where is the bottom one if u don't mind sharing? I actually live in NW Tas and have only recently started op shopping again.

Allana said...

oops ;) sorry I meant to say the second pic from the bottom is the Salvos ulvie! Time for bed I think! lol.

Anonymous said...

ooh I'm going to Tassie for a two week trip in early Feb with my boyfriend and we are taking the Spirit across with our car so we will be able to fill it with goodies! I'd love a list of some op shops if you have one handy

Estelle said...

I was on holiday with my parents a few years back, and we ended up in an opshop in Bairnsdale...and they had a cafe. Second hand goodies + tea = Heaven.

Retro Roundabout on Facebook said...

The bottom Tassie op-shop pic is at the Mission Shop in Launceston (Youngtown) they have 5 or 6 op-shops around Launceston, that one with the cafe is the biggest one.

They also sell online... heres a link...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Retro-Roundabout/117800358265874?ref=ts

opshopaddict said...

I'm off to Tassie next week, would love to know where the best op shops are. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Hi
Im heading to Launceston tomorrow and spending a couple of days in Hobart later on, I'd love a list of Op Shops that you recommend please.

Thank you.