Monday 25 February 2008

Chiffon Scarves


Hi All,
I've just posted on my textiles blog but thought I would post here also a pic of my current work. I'm always on the lookout for interesting items to use for textiles, not just because they are cheaper, but because it adds an interesting historical perspective to the work. Not a great deal of history in this yet, but this is what I do with the chiffon scarves I regularly pick up from Op Shops (I have a large stash in all sorts of colours and patterns). I have painted some cotton with the background colours and layered on silk fibres/hankies and organza ribbon. Over the top is pinned my pale mauve chiffon scarf from the Op Shop. This piece is to have Free Machine Embroidery, hand embroidery, beading and other embellishments added before being cut up to make postcards (4 x 6"). This is for an international swap that is occurring for the Cyber Fyber Exhibition in USA in January. Artist Susan Lenz is organizing this worldwide event and I have already swapped an ATC and received Susan's Postcard. If you're interested in Textile art check out the Cyber Fyber site or Susan's blog for info. (You'll have to google this as I haven't worked out how to add links on this blog yet).
Cheers

No comments: