Tuesday 5 February 2008

Brown paper packages tied up with string...




... These are a few of my favourite things...


Pink plastic birds brooch - 50c. Cameo yellow plastic brooch - 50c. Vintage seive - $3. (Doncaster East Salvos.)
Books - $2 each from Abbotsford Salvos. (Page photographed from the blue animal stories book)

I am a bit pressed for time at the moment, but I have been meaning to write my first post for at least a week, if not more, but I've just been so busy! So these are a few of my op-shop faves. I live in Richmond but work in Doncaster so I tend to pop into the Salvos out there for a poke around. Sometimes they have nothing, and at other times you strike it lucky!

My practical finds there have been a woven straw bag (more on that soon!) and a denim skirt that fits perfectly. As a Drama teacher I have often popped in there to buy costumes and props for school.

Until I get time to post more, you can view my collection of vintage sheets from op-shops on my blog.

Happy bargain hunting everyone!

3 comments:

Amelia said...

i think that you may have really scored there with the blue book - is it the one illustrated by Porter G, Hilda Offen, Pradera, Esme Eve, alan Jesset, Richard Hooke? that's selling online for US$35. the illustrations look great.

spices for violet said...

Yes! It is that one!
I had no idea! I was going to cut the pictures out for my cards & collages but I guess I shouldn't now! Wow, lucky you told me.
I was reading it last night and decided to save it to read to my future children. It has nursery rhymes that I had forgotten all about. The illustrations are beautiful.

Unknown said...

my mum has that brooch - I remember her wearing it for years!